2. If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using the contact details set out at Contact Us and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Purpose of collection
Asia Music Bookstore respects the privacy of your personal information. Any personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site will be used for the following purposes only:
1. to enable you to access or use a service on the Site;
2. to identify you when you access and use the Site in order for you to enjoy a customized and personalized experience;
3. to verify your identity;
4. to communicate with members, handle complaints, and provide updates and announce news;
5. to verify your address for delivery of purchased products or performance of services purchased, sending free gifts, and issuing bills;
6. to provide personalised services that you have requested;
7. to update and enhance our records and to advise you of other products or services which may be of interest to you;
8. to improve the design and marketing of our range of products and services for your use.
Personal information collected
We will collect the following information from you.
1. Name, Nationality, Partial Identification Number (last 3 digits + alphabet), User ID, Password, Date of Birth;
2. E-mail and telephone number; Delivery address and details;
3. Refund details including refund transaction number;
4. Information necessary for personalized services;
5. Additional information collected:
- Payment transaction reference provided by payment agent;
- Refund details Refund transaction reference etc.
The use of your personal information will be kept to the minimum required in order for us to continually monitor and improve our services to our customers and keeping you informed about our products, services and other opportunities within Asia Music Bookstore. In particular, we do not rent or sell your personal information to any third party (unless as part of the sale of our entire assets or sale of our business as a going concern).
Personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site is retained by Asia Music Bookstore for as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues. The personal information will subsequently be destroyed or de-identified from you unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect our interests. As a general rule the maximum retention period is seven (7) years from the date of receipt or collection by us from you.
Third Party Disclosure
Your personal information will not be disclosed by us to any third party, unless we have your permission or we are under a legal obligation or duty to do so, except for disclosure to the following individuals or entities which you agree to:
1. other entities in Asia Music Bookstore in different jurisdictions;
2. government authorities or regulators;
3. our professional advisers, including without limitation our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
4. our third party service providers (including those who provide payment, administrative or other services to us in connection with the operation of the Site and/or of our business) or data processors;
5. any agent acting on our behalf; and
6. our business alliance partners.
You may decide that you do not want Asia Music Bookstore to use your personal information or to share your personal information with third parties and by doing so you agree that this may result in:
1. unavailable services (services such as Domestic Warranty Registration);
2. compromised quality of services;
3. a less customized, user- friendly and efficient online experience.
If you do not want us to use your personal information or to share your personal information with third parties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 188 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229856.
You can choose to disable cookies from being stored on your computer by changing your browser settings. Disabling cookies, however, may result in a limited experience of our functionality and services and in some cases may mean that we are unable to provide you with the services, or parts of the services, that you have requested.
This website uses Google Analytics, web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses text files, known as "cookies", which are saved on your computer and make it possible to analyze your usage of the website. The information about your use of the website generated by the cookie is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA, where it is saved.The full IP address will only be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your usage of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide the website operator with additional services related to website and internet use.
The IP address sent by your browser for Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can stop cookies being saved by amending the relevant setting in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that if you do this, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website in full. Furthermore, you can stop the data generated by the cookie related to your usage of the website (including your IP address) being collected by Google, and stop Google processing these data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link.
Alternatively, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on the following link. This creates an opt-out cookie, which stops your data being collected in the future when you visit this website: Deactivate Google Analytics. The opt-out cookie applies only to this browser and only to this domain. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you will need to click this link again.
- Link to the Browser - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- For more information on this, please see: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
- and https://policies.google.com/?hl=en (general information on Google Analytics and data protection)
- See https://www.google.com/privacy/privacy-policy.html for further information.
Asia Music Bookstore may use similar services other than Google Analytics for similar purposes. For details on tracking services other than Google Analytics please check the following.
- Facebook pixel (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/)
Asia Music Bookstore will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. Your personal information is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, despite the aforementioned technology and security features, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and we cannot be responsible for event arising from unauthorized access to your personal information. Asia Music Bookstore will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorized access to your personal information.
It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your membership User ID and Password. Each member shall be solely responsible for the management and protection of its User ID and Password and may under no circumstance transfer to third party or let others use his/her User ID or Password. Unless otherwise attributable to Asia Music Bookstore, each member shall be solely liable for any loss or damage caused by disclosing, transferring, or letting others use his/her User ID or Password. If members recognize that their ID or Password has been stolen, leaked or used by third party without permission, such members shall immediately notify Asia Music Bookstore. In this case, Asia Music Bookstore will make its best efforts to remedy the issue.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
A member can at any time access and correct his/her personal information, excluding their ID, Date of Birth and Name (unless there was a typographical error in its initial submission). To access and correct personal information, the member shall log-in to the “My Account” page at Asia Music Bookstore website under e-commerce section.
If a member requests correction of personal information, the relevant information will not be used or provided until the correction process is completed.
In the event of any change in the information submitted at the time of application, each must immediately update his/her information. However, information unchangeable by nature such as Name, User ID, Identification Number, etc. may not be changed unless there was such typographical error at the time of initial submission or the identification number is changed by the relevant authorities.
Any damage caused by the member’s failure to update his/her personal information shall be borne by the relevant member, and Asia Music Bookstore shall not be liable for such damages.
We will only withhold your access to your personal information in extremely limited circumstances, as permitted by the Personal Data Protection Act, which include the following circumstances:
1. where it might be dangerous if you were to have it;
2. where it might prejudice an investigation currently underway;
3. where it relates to court proceedings and may be subject to the discovery process;
4. where it may relate to a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
5. where other individual’s personal information is contained in the same record.
Asia Music Bookstore will also not be aware if you become resident in another country outside the Republic of Singapore and may therefore be subject to the rules and regulations of countries outside the Republic of Singapore in relation to the collection, processing, use and storage of personal information. Hence, if you are no longer resident of the Republic of Singapore, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at 188 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229856.
Asia Music Bookstore cannot distinguish the age of persons who access the Site. Hence, if you are under 18 years old, please obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you access the Site and submit any personal information to us. Should a parent or guardian have reason to believe that a minor has provided Asia Music Bookstore with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the information is removed and unsubscribe them from any promotional contact opportunities.
Asia Music Bookstore reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify without prior warning or notice to this Privacy Statement. You agree that your continued use of the Site after such modification shall constitute an affirmative acknowledgement by you of the modifications and agreement by you to abide and be bound by such modifications.